Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Starting excel with specific templates

I would rename the .csv file to .txt and use a dedicated macro that formatted
the file the way I wanted for each of the different types.

Essentially, I'd record a macro for each type and then tweak that code a bit.

stammerman wrote:

Hi!

Hope someone can give me some pointers!

I have various CSV files that I wish to import in to excel and to
reformat based on specific templates. For example, file aaa.csv should
use template A, file BBB.csv should use template B. etc. etc

Is there anyway I can specify which template to use when I'm starting
Excel? Basically, I need to do this without any user intervention or is
there a better way of doing this?

Cheers,

Martin

--