Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Embedding IF: depends on result..

You'll see what looks like rounding if the cell(s) are formatted as General and
you shrink the columns. But the underlying value doesn't change.

If you have to shrink the columnwidth, how about shrinking the font size, too.

Format|Cells|alignment tab|check the "shrink to fit" box

nastech wrote:

p.s: # signs for narrowed column was what wanted / used. helps to reduce
view of numbers all 100, <0... same idea for reducing view to 10's with
single digit, helps speed up visual scan of sheet.

where my sheet took 8 to 10 times more space before, worker cell/ column made:
if formual cell result 80, then 8; gave an absolute 8... second colum
(3rd/4th column) with same idea could then be sorted as sub to (what mean
is: saved much space, but 1st columns are absolute: 81, 82, or 8.1, 8.2..
see 8); means I can no longer sort the second set of columns.

I believe this to be a Huge problem in excel: not having a check box, where
I don't have to (80-0.5) on 1/2 the figures in every cell, thru-out the sheet.

people otherwise don't know it, conditional format colors / "numbers
viewed", are all off. In trying to quick visual scan a sheet: colors &
numbers are all "OFF".
Looking at 80 in 1 cell is green, the next it is red...

Is there a way to turn off rounding up / down in a sheet?

Number / Text Combination "Custom" formatting:
what else would have done, is for having examples of custom formatting,
numbers 100 <0 (see # signs) to be able to format x10 see 120.. stead of 12

--

Dave Peterson