Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Daiv Daiv is offline

Default Get the input, not the value

I am using VLookup to have a formula change on my spreadsheet based on the
value of the data validation list that is selected.

How do I have the cells populate with the actual formula and proper cell
references instead of the value of the cell holding the formula (which is
currently "#VALUE!" because it is meant just as a holder, not a cell that
needs a proper vale)

Some Background:
The spreadsheet is designed to calculate water discharge in rivers. A
series of measurements are taken then averaged for the final result. To
determine the velocity of the water at each measurement point the formula
will need to reference the Time and Revelution cells for that measurement.
Each set of measurements is done by using a single Measureing Meter, for wich
the formula is different for the various meters. I would like to have it
so that when a user selects the meter used from the Data Validation list I
created, It automatically populates the velocity cell for each measurement
point with the propper formula, maintaining the relative cell references.

Currently I can only get it to poulate with the final Value of the formula
cell it finds through VLOOKUP.

Meter list is at B5, The formula will populate around 20 measurement points
(varies per site)

Thanks for all your help!!
Daiv.