Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
mattjenkins mattjenkins is offline

Default Auto minimum on Y Axis

Hi all - If someone can help me here I would be most grateful. I have a
chart which plots values over a time period of say 15 years. The value
is entered in one cell and then a macro is run to generate the returns
for each of the 15 years which the chart then plots.

The problem is when the fund value is high say 1,000,000 originally and
the returns are low, then it doesnt change much, but the Y axis starts
at 0 so there is a massive gap and then you can't see much differential
in the line graph.

I have tried changing the chart options, but as the returns are
variable I can't put it in a minimum.

Any ideas??

Thanks

--