Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting,microsoft.public.word.vba.general
Hari Hari is offline

Default Pasting charts to Word from Excel as picture

HEK wrote:
Dear Hari:
I believe this is more a Word issue than an Excel issue and maybe in the
Word forum you can get better help. Anyway, I will try.
You can select a default mode for inserting pictures in Word. I hv Word
2003, and here u can do that under Tools/Options/[Edit Tab], and find
"Insert/Paste pictures as.." and select the mode you want.
Frankly, floating pictures in front of text is never my choice. In line
with text always insert a picture properly. Two remarks:
1. You can use a table to control the size and positioning of graphics.
Choose fixed table cell and make the lines of the table invisible. This way
of using tables is fairly unknown.

Could you please let me know as to how one can use tables to fix the
position.

Also, I can make the lines semi-invisible, which is they dont get
printed, but yet once can see the table borders. How to make them
completely invisible?

2. You can paste the picture with a dynamic link to Excel. This is
particular convenient when you change the source; you dont then have to redo
the copy/pasting; it willbe automatically updated. For this select as Paste
Special in Word and select the radio button 'Paste Link'.

I need to send this word file across to others and I prefer to not link
it other files.

I hope this helps.
GH,
Henk
"Hari" wrote:

Hi,

I have some more queries.

My colleague has pasted the charts (manually) from excel to PPT as
picture. When I do rightclick on these charts then :-

a) There is a circular green handle on top centre of the object (along
with 8 white circles on corner and rest centres)

b) If I select format picture from right click then Layout tab has the
option "In front of text" for wrapping style. Consequently, the
advanced button in layout tab has further options available for the
Picture position tab.

On the other hand, when I paste charts from excel to Word (whether
manually or through code) then, the pasted chart has these properties
when I right click on it:-

a) There is NO green handle, rather clicking gives me 8 black square
handles.

b) If I select format picture from right click then Layout tab has the
option "In line with text for wrapping style. Consequently, the
advanced button in layout tab has NO further options available for the
Picture position tab.

My question is how do I ensure that when I paste chart from excel to
word (using code) then it gets pasted as "In front of text" wrapping
style option.

Regards,
HP
India