Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mel1221 via OfficeKB.com Mel1221 via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Mandatory Cells

Thanks for the response, I need it enough that I'm willing to put in the
effort if you are :o)

Where should I start? Instead of having the code in the Before_Save sub
could it be triggered
when the user changes a particular value?

i.e
When user selects the value "used" from a dropdown in say A1
Then A2 cannot be blank, and A3 cannot be blank....?

Although I'm not too sure how to code this into the worksheet?

Again, hope this makes sense!

Cheers,
Mel

Gord Dibben wrote:
Mel

To "force" a user to enter data in cells requires VBA code.

Either in the Before_Close or Before_Save subs or in a worksheet event code.

Of course, this then requires that the users enable macros in order for the code
to work.

Which leads to more code that shows only a message sheet and hides the others if
the users disable macros.

The message would read similar to .."This workbook is non-usable unless you
re-open it with macros enabled".

The question now becomes.............How much effort and learning are you
willing to invest in this project?

Post back if you really need this. We can try to work you through it.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

sorry bout that...my brain is fried...here goes.

[quoted text clipped - 16 lines]
Much thanks!
Mel