Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Daiv Daiv is offline

Default List control

Vlookup seems to be on track but I am still having an issue somewhere. When
I have the formula I want to use for the meters, the cell displays "#VALUE"
because there are no numbers for it to use while in the formula list. when I
call it inot the spreadsheet the cell displays "#value" still, then it
should have no problem referencing the proper cells to find the values it
should use.

My thoughts are that vlookup is pulling the value of the cell instead of the
formula itself and applying it in it's new location. is there a way to have
it pull the formula and it's cell references instead of the resulting value?

Thanks.,

"Daiv" wrote:

All the measurements will be done with the same meter. When a new set of
measurememnts will be done, this template will be opened and saved as a new
file. So there is no need to account for multiple meters within the same
measurement set.

"paul" wrote:

so you want a formula in the velocity column to work to the meter chosen at
that time..The problem with that is that every time you change the drop down
box and choose meter 2 All velociies will change to meter two.You need to
have another column in your table so you can say type in 2 for meter 2,3 for
meter 3 and so on,and then use vlookup from there back to your list.
--
paul

remove nospam for email addy!

"Daiv" wrote:

Right now we have 5 different meters. the formulas are unique to each meter
and the differences are not predictable on the surface. as an example, one
formula is
:IF(REVS=40,((REVS/t*2.17)+0.03)*0.3048,((REVS/t*2.18)+0.02)*0.3048),
another is: (0.6711*revs/t)+0.0061

I have a drop down data validation list elsewhere on the sheet for the user
to choose the meter used.

"paul" wrote:

how many meters/formulas do you have and how do the formulas differ?there
will have to be an identifier on your table to know which meter/formula to
use