Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Elizabeth Elizabeth is offline

Default Finding Min Cell values excluding zero in alternate columns

Biff:
I've been puzzling over your suggestion for days. It works, but I don't
understand it. Would you mind telling me what it is doing? I am fairly new
to arrays. I would appreciate your help. Thank you!
Elizabeth

"Biff" wrote:

Hi!

Try this:

Entered as an array using the key combo of CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER:

=MIN(IF(MOD(COLUMN(A1:O1),2),IF(A1:O10,A1:O1)))

Biff

"MichaelC" wrote in message
I have an array that is 1 row high by 16 columns wide.
Each cell may contain a positive value, or a zero.

I need a formula to find the "Minimum value that is greater than zero" in
columns 1,3,5,7,9,11,13 and 15.

=MIN(A1,C1,E1,G1,I1,K1,M1,O1) will always return the zero value while I
need the minimum value that is greater than zero.
If I use nested IF functions to exclude zeroes I run foul of the max of 7
allowed.
I would greatly appreciate any help and thank you in advance for any
offered.
MichaelC