Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default What is "Adjusted R^2" in Multiple Regression

R squared is the pearson product squared. It refers to goodness of fit of the
line to the actual points of data. The value will be between 1 and 0 with
higher numbers being better. Note that regression will always generate a
line. Whether that line indicates a trend or not is another matter.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

" wrote:

Hi there.

When performing multiple regressions, Excel 2000 reports a regression
statistic that I am not familiar with. I know what R^2 is, but does
anyone know what Adjusted R^2 is?