Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Andy Shapiro Andy Shapiro is offline

Default Conditional formatting in a worksheet

Thank you to all! I'll try them out right now!

"DonCam65" wrote:

Select the cell with the date in it
Go to Conditional formatting
Use
Cell Value - Less than - =today()+90
and format with a colour ( I would select red)
Set up a second condition
Cell Value - Equals - =today()+90
and format with a colour (say blue)
Set up a third condition
Cell value - greater than - =today()-90
and format with a colour ( say green)
Now with this cell selected use format painter and apply to all the cells
where this test is required.
You will then find that all dates less than 90 day will be highlighted in
red, exactly 90 days will be blue and greater than 90 days will be green
Hopefully this is exactly what you want
Cheers
--
Don C

"Andy Shapiro" wrote:

Hi,

I have a list of items and each row has a cell with an exipiration date. (I
have no idea how hard or easy this is) I would like to format the date cell
so that if the date entered will be coming up in 3 months or less, the cell
gets highlighted as a flag. As an example: Cell B2 has a date of 11/2/06,
Cell C2 has a date of 8/2/06. Cell C2 should be highlighted so that I see
that the expiration date is less than 3 months away.

Can anyone help?