Vikrant Vaidya

copy everything that is required from the original worksheet to a new
worksheet. (don't use ctrl+a. select the cells individually) Once done with
this, press ctrl+a and del. Now copy everything from new sheet back to old.
Now the auto-size will not 'mis-behave'
The problem is somewhere in your original sheet there are a lot of spaces
accidentally entered in one of the cells (probably due to accidental pressing
of spacebar). This drives the size of that column.

"seezzell" wrote:

Everyonce in a while, when I autofit text in excel I get extra space before
or after the text. There are no extra spaces in the text and I don't see any
formatting issues which would create the extra space.