Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Ken Johnson Ken Johnson is offline

Default How to return the address of the range of plotted data on an XY scatter chart?

Hi Andy,

When I type this in the Immediate Window...

sheet1.ChartObjects("Chart 1").activate
?activechart.SeriesCollection(1).formula

the returned value is..

=SERIES(Sheet1!$B$1,Sheet1!$A$2:$A$11,Sheet1!$B$2: $B$11,1)

which is fine.

I thought I could skip the activate step so I tried...

?sheet1.ChartObjects("Chart 1").SeriesCollection(1).formula

which did not work.

Is it therefore true to say that with embedded charts the code must
activate the chart before the SeriesCollection can be accessed, or am I
doing something wrong?

Ken Johnson