Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default cell format ?

My bet is that you have extra (trailing???) spaces in the cell--or if you
copied|pasted from a web site, you could have some of those HTML non-breaking
spaces (char(160) in the cell.

David McRitchie has a macro that cleans up this kind of stuff:

(look for "Sub Trimall()"

BB wrote:

I have cell shown part no. ST-09717 w/ qty 300pcs. I can't vlookup this cell
from other worksheet, however if I re-type the same part no. in the cell, I
would able to lookup this part no. and find 300pcs.

Is there a easy way to copy format instead of typing each part no. again in
the cell? Please help me ASAP.

Thank you,
Christy

--