Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dann Pedersen Dann Pedersen is offline

Default Why does ##### happens?

"Turquoise_dax"
wrote in message
news:Turquoise_dax.2adqro_1151947502.6634@excelfor um-nospam.com...

Sometimes, when I copy / paste a long string of text (about 250 symbols)
in a single cell, Excel shows a single line of ###### instead of the
text. However, if I select the cell, the formula bar shows me the text
as it should be.

This happens when the information you have in a cell can't fit to the screen
property (colum with) you have allocated to the cell. The solution is to
either rezise the colum manually or you could dobbleclick on the "border" at
the top right side of your colum. This will auto-resize your colum to fit
the data.

Please note that this will also happen if a formula results in "to long" a
result.

regards
Dann