Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Marcelo Marcelo is offline

Default Formula Depending On Formatting

Hi Samuel,

maybe the tips on the Chip Person page could help you.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/CFColors.htm

hth
regards from Brazil
Marcelo

"SamuelT" escreveu:

Hi all,

I've been sent a report that is identical in structure to a spreadsheet
I have. In the past I have simply copied the data from this report into
my document. However, since last time a number of colleagues have
inputted data into my spreadsheet that is different to the report I've
been sent. This data needs to stay put - however, a number of changes
have been made in the sent report that I do need to change.

To highlight what has been changed, the client has highlighted the text
red. Now, I know there isn't a simple formula for checking on
formatting, but can anyone suggest a means of getting Excel to check
for a specific formatting, and only change a cell if it matches this
criteria. I seem to recall someone gave a link to something like this a
couple of weeks ago.

Hope that all makes sense. Any help appreciated!

TIA,

Samuel T

--
SamuelT