Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
daddylonglegs daddylonglegs is offline

Default league table without macros

Bob Phillips Wrote:
Daddy,

I am in the middle of creating my own, but a couple of questions on how
you
address certain points.

Do you allow for different points scoring systems? I do, by just having
data sheet with the points for home and away wins, and a draw. How
about
you?

How do you manage the change of teams over year to year?

How do manage the fact that say you have created the table for 20 teams
and
someone else wants to setup a 22 team table? I am thinking here
specifically
of ensuring the derived data automatically picks up the extra data.

Thanks

Bob

Hi Bob,

To answer your questions.

I created the spreadsheet originally for my own use. It currently only
caters for the standard points system, i.e. 3 points for a win and 1
for a draw but I believe that can be modified fairly easily.

In my sheet you need to list the teams and also the fixtures although I
think gdh82's suggestion of a fixture grid might be a good idea.

The teamlist has to be modified if the teams change, e.g. due to
promotion relegation but it accommodates any number of teams up to 30.

I certainly can't claim it's a work of art (or if it is, it's more of a
Dali that a da Vinci!) but I think it does a reasonable job, perhaps a
good job with some modifications. I can send you a copy if you wish.

If you don't mind, I'll have a look at your VBA version any see if I
can nick any ideas :)

--
daddylonglegs
daddylonglegs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30486