Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PaulW PaulW is offline

Default Auto Create Folders

Hi JLantham,

1. 03.07.06 is a folder
2. The filename wont change, i am coying the entire contents into the folder
once created - i have a macros for this.
3. Full path is without file name at present but is easily changed. I have a
concatenate working the dates out and have the rest of the static information
around it.

Thanks

"JLatham" wrote:

Clear a couple of things up in my head -
is 03.07.06 a folder or is it going to be the filename. As shown I presume
it's a folder?
If that's correct, then can we assume that the name of the workbook does not
change?
You say the full file path is in cell P31 - does that include the workbook
name as
S:\Advisors\Access Operations\Advisor Maintenance Forms\07.
July\03.07.06\thisfile.xls
or just up to the 03.07.06 point??

"PaulW" wrote:

I have a weekly spreadsheet that needs saving into a new folder based on the
current date and month

eg Todays file location would be S:\Advisors\Access Operations\Advisor
Maintenance Forms\07. July\03.07.06

The bit upto 07. July is static and i have formulas hidden in the
spreadsheet to work out what the file location should be. The full file
location is in cell 'P31' but i can split it up.

The file is saved into the relevant week the blanked then saved back to the
root directory of 'S:\Advisors\Access Operations\Advisor Maintenance Forms'
All this is written.

What i need to do to make the system completly automated is to create the
folders automatically!

Can anyone help?