Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
SteveW SteveW is offline

Default Charting - 2 questions simple scale and use of F11

A couple of easy - should be, but for the life of me I can't get it
figured.

Excell 2000
Simple list of 10 sequential numbers witha value for each

A B
101 5.5
102 6.9
103 3.5
etc etc

I want a graph with 101, 102 103 etc for the X-axis and a simple
connected line graph of the various points

In my case the actual data in column B are calculated and will be
between 0 and 10
If I just select column B and select a line graph, it uses X value of
1,2,3 - and for some reason I can't get it to use the A values as
labels

I can select A:B with a Line graph, I get 2 series 101,102,103.. and
column B values as 2 lines. With 1,2,3 on the x-axis.

A X-Y Scatter - works, but surely isn't the simplest way.

2nd question, when test this in a small chart, I usually use F11 to
convert this to a chart in-a-tab - but it does this a default chart
type not using the one I've already constructed
Is this right ?
--

Steve