Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default league table without macros

Daddy,

I am in the middle of creating my own, but a couple of questions on how you
address certain points.

Do you allow for different points scoring systems? I do, by just having a
data sheet with the points for home and away wins, and a draw. How about
you?

How do you manage the change of teams over year to year?

How do manage the fact that say you have created the table for 20 teams and
someone else wants to setup a 22 team table? I am thinking here specifically
of ensuring the derived data automatically picks up the extra data.

Thanks

Bob

"daddylonglegs"
wrote in message
news:daddylonglegs.2abmlz_1151848804.8015@excelfor um-nospam.com...

I have my own football league table which works without macros. It isn't
that complicated. As Bob suggests, it basically has one "hidden" table
and another table "sorted" in order to view

It has a list of fixtures. As you enter results the table updates based
on 3 points for a win and usual rules to split ties, i.e. goal
difference followed by goals scored.

If you'd like a copy send me a PM with your email address

--
daddylonglegs
daddylonglegs's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=557213