Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default Cell

Although I believe that Bob has correctly interpreted the OP's request (I
could be wrong), this is to address your comment on XL's fill "feature".

Select cell(s), then
<Format <Cells <Alignment tab,
Expand the "Horizontal" box, and click on "Fill", then <OK.

Now, anything typed into the cell will repeat, to fill the cell.

RD

"Bill Ridgeway" wrote in message
The formula is REPT("B",4)
where you want to repeat the letter B four times.

You used to be able to (in Lotus123) fill a cell with a character -
regardless of width. it doesn't look as though that's available in Excel.

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions

"John" wrote in message
I want to create within a cell the following text content:
1. xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
2. sssssssssssss
3. bbbbbbbbbbbb

How can I do this?