Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jerry Jerry is offline

Default wrapping text

Thanks for helping out, I tried what you suggested but it still didn't work,
I don't know what the heck is happening to this one cell, all the others work
fine with wrap text.

"RagDyeR" wrote:

Select a row(s), then, on the toolbar:
<Format <Row <Autofit
--

HTH,

RD

"Jerry" wrote in message
under format cells, then alignment, I do not see an auto fit option. I
highlighted the whole column and tried to edit it but like I said, there is
no auto fit option. Thanks again.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

A cell by itself cannot change height because a cell is a member of a row

and
the entire row must increase or decrease.

Did you try the Autofit when selecting that row.

Gord

On Sat, 1 Jul 2006 10:27:02 -0700, Jerry
wrote:

Thanks for responding, I didn't merge two cells, the odd part is the

other
cells work fine.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

FormatRowAutofit?

Perhaps the cell is the result of merging two or more cells?

Autofit does not work in this case and requires a macro.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 1 Jul 2006 09:50:01 -0700, Jerry

wrote:

I am running windows XP SP2 with Office 2000 SP2 I have a spreadsheet

in
Excel and I have one cell I'm trying to wrap the text in so the text

will fit
in the cell but it's not working, some of the text is hidden in the

cell
unless I drag the cell block way over to expose the text contents.

Anyone
have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP