Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default freezing frames

To Freeze Panes(not frames), you have to select a cell one row below and one
column right of where you wish to Freeze.

If you select A1 your Freeze will come at mid-window. You don't want that.

To freeze row 1 select A2

To freeze row 1 and column A select B2

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 1 Jul 2006 17:21:47 -0400, "Bob Griendling" wrote:

For some reason I can't freeze frames properly. I know how to freeze frames
generally, but whenever I do, it still freezes the first 14 rows instead of
just the top row. I have unprotected the entire worksheet and unfroze the
entire worksheet.

I'm using XP Home with Excel 2000 9.0

Thanks,

Bob