Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Aligning numbers to the centre of the cell

Ramesh

It is always better to stay with the same thread.

I tested the custom format RD supplied and do not get any spaces.

If I add a space into the Custom format like this #.# ???? I see it as you do.

Check your typing in the Custom Format

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 1 Jul 2006 14:56:01 -0700, Ramesh Babu
wrote:

I tried aligning the numbers to the centre of the cell and decimals using
custom format #.#????, I am getting space between the first and second
decimal as seen below 100.1 2 and in 100.3 45

10.1
100.1
100.1 2
100.1
1000.3 45

What should be done to ensure there is no gap between the decimal points?