Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default Finding the most recent month's (or whatever) data

You would *NOT* have to *constantly* update the start and end date cells!

Start date (G1) could just as easily be:
=TODAY()-30
as well as
6/1/06
Which would *automatically* increment (update) with each passing day.

RD
-------------------
-------------------

"Dallman Ross" <dman@localhost. wrote in message
In , RagDyeR
spake thusly:

How about just designating 2 cells where you enter a starting
date and ending date for your calculations?

With G1 = start
And G2 = end
Try this to average closing if closing was in Column E and dates are in
Column A:
(Assume all dates are *true* XL recognized dates.)

=SUMPRODUCT((A2:A100=G1)*(A2:A100<=G2)*E2:E100)/SUMPRODUCT((A2:A100=G1)*(A
2:A100<=G2))

Thanks, interesting. But I'm afraid constantly updating cells to
contain the desired start and end dates is out. The data and dates
are updated dynamically as often as daily. (Also, it disturbs my
sense of aesthetics.)

I'll play some with SUMPRODUCT, though.

dman