Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Default Search & delete ANY text in select columns

Select your columns then run this macro.

Sub RemoveAlphas()
'' Remove alpha characters from a string.
'' except for decimal points
Dim intI As Integer
Dim rngR As Range, rngRR As Range
Dim strNotNum As String, strTemp As String
Set rngRR = Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, _
xlTextValues)
For Each rngR In rngRR
strTemp = ""
For intI = 1 To Len(rngR.Value)
If Mid(rngR.Value, intI, 1) Like "[0-9.]" Then
strNotNum = Mid(rngR.Value, intI, 1)
Else: strNotNum = ""
End If
strTemp = strTemp & strNotNum
rngR.Value = strTemp
Next rngR
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 12:32:55 -0500, huruta
wrote:

I import statistical results from another program (Stata) and with it
comes text that I want to get rid of. Specifically in select columns I
want to erase any text in those columns. I'm just not sure how to
identify "any text" when I do my search and replace for the selected
columns. Any help?

Thank you!