Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
No News

Default selecting a single sheet from a volume of sheets in a workbook

Dear Steve,

When running the macro it stops at the following line with error

Dim mySheet As String

Please advise what todo

"Scoops" wrote in message
ups.com...

No News wrote:
Dear Steeve.

For your 1st option:- Since I was not so familier with excel, I do not
know
where to add these codes to each sheet. Can you explain please.

Hi No News

Pasting the code into 100 sheets would be painful itself, so:

Press Alt+F11 to open the vb editor.

Click Insert Module.

Paste the following code into the window that opens:

Sub SheetFind()
Dim mySheet As String

On Error GoTo nosheet
mySheet = InputBox("Please enter the Sheet name to activate", "GoTo
Sheet")
Sheets(mySheet).Activate
Exit Sub

nosheet:
MsgBox ("No sheet with the name " & mySheet & " found")
End Sub

***End of code***

The Input box isn't very elegant but functional.

To run the macro:

From the Excel toolbar click Tools Macro Macros SheetFind.

You might want to investigate placing a custom button on your toolbar
and assigning the macro to it so that it runs with a single click
(right-click a toolbar and Customize...)

Regards

Steve