Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

Default Worksheet_Change help

Oh yes, make sure they are all named pic_xxx such as pic_cat, pic_dog

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Soundman" wrote in
message ...

Hi all,

I have a series of simple pictures in a spreadsheet. Depending on what
the user inputs into A1, I want A2 to show the corresponding picture.
For example if the type "cat" in A1, then A2 would show a picture of a
cat. The pictues are already in the spreadsheet, and it seems like the
worksheet_change should do what I'm trying to do, but I can't get it to
work. Basically, when they change the cell, I want it to run a macro
that will copy & paste the appropriate cell with the appropriate
picture into A2. If I manually copy & paste the cell it works, but I'm
looking for a way to automatically do that.

I've also tried naming the picture & using an if function. IE: =if
(A1="cat",cat,""). But what that did was paste the words "group312" in
the cell instead of the picture.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Bill