Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Scoops

Default selecting a single sheet from a volume of sheets in a workbook

No News wrote:

If any body give me a solution so that if I type a particular no. (forms
part of the name of the sheet) that sheet should appear for me.

Hi No News

If your really want to do it this way, add this code to each sheet:

On Error GoTo nosheet
If Target.Address = "$A$1" Then
Sheets(Range("A1").Value).Activate
End If
Exit Sub

nosheet:
MsgBox ("No sheet with the name " & Range("A1").Value & " found")
End Sub

Amend the $A$1 to the cell you want to use.

Alternatively, you could right-click the navigation arrows at the
bottom left of the screen (next to Sheet1 in a new workbook) and select
your sheet from there.

Regards

Steve