Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Toppers

Default league table without macros

As far as I am aware, there is no way of automatically triggering a sort
without a macro. I have a World Cup spreadsheet in which the only code
required is the sort and the sort "trigeer" i.e. an event which causes the
sort to be executed.

"gdh82" wrote:

Dear All,

My first post on this forum... I'm after a league table spreadsheet
that automatically sorts after entering results but I also want a
spreadsheet that doesn't use macros (pcs at work prevent the use of
macros - I understand why but its a pain still!).

I know this is possible from looking at this excellent freeware world
cup 2006 spreadsheet:
http://www.footballsupportersinterna...06/planner.htm

Ideally I'd like to adapt this spreadsheet for my needs but having
unhid all of the worksheets I'm blown away by just how complicated it
is: For each world cup group the worksheet is 9 PAGES LONG of what
seems like duplicated tables!!!

Could anyone help me understand this please or even point me to a
similar but simpler league table spreadsheet that doesn't contain
macros.

Any help appreciated...thanks in advance.

Garry

--
gdh82
gdh82's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35902