Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Landolas

Default Can you enter a new line in an individual cell within Excel

I should have continued to search - of course ALT Enter is the answer

"Landolas" wrote:

I have a log where each row contains a record but in one particular column -
occasionally several events may happen over time and just for readability it
would be useful to headup each event with the date at the beginning of a new
line within the same cell. I'm bound to use Excel. I wondered whether a
formula (eg entering a fullstop to force a wrap around or key combination
might work. Any help gratefully received.