Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Debbie

Default Vlookup on multiple cells

Franz,

I've tried to download the file but it keeps kicking me to a "page not found".

"Franz Verga" wrote:

Nel post
*Franz Verga* ha scritto:

Nel post
*Debbie* ha scritto:

Franz,

I don't see a way to "post" my file.

I intended to upload...

Sorry, English it's no my mother language, so sometimes I use the
wrong words...

However, here's the full link.
http://www.savefile.com/projects.php?pid=147340
Then it can be downloaded.
If this doesn't work for you, please tell me how to "post" and I'll
take care of it.

I fixed the file for you.

To use a formula like

=VLOOKUP(C3&C4,'Named Fields'!AH3:AM116,6,FALSE)

also the first column of your table, i.e. column AH in the formula
above, *must* be a concatenation of the two fields you are looking
for.
Here is the link were you can download your file modified:

http://www.savefile.com/files/5666733

I thik also you should "incapsulate" your VLOOKUP formulas inside an IF
function, to prevent a display of #N/A errors:

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(....),"",VLOOKUP(...))

In this way way your VLOOKUP should return a #N/A, the cell will be blank.

--
Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ciao