Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Default Trying to find a way to fill in the rest of a row if it is a dupli

Here's a code way

Sub CopyDuplicates()
Dim iLastRow As Long
Dim i As Long
Dim cell As Range

iLastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
For i = 2 To iLastRow
Set cell = Nothing
Set cell = Range("A1:A" & i - 1).Find(Cells(i, "A").Value)
If Not cell Is Nothing Then
cell.EntireRow.Copy Cells(i, "A")
End If
Next i

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Robert Brown" wrote in message
I have a large spread sheet that has a list of numbers and letters in one
column, and the rows are filled with other information like title, yes or

no,
any other number&letter connected to it,and some other things. I have

filled
in some of the information for some of these, but i see that there are
duplicates(which i need to keep).
Is there a way i could condition the cells, or have a function, to fill in
the rest of the row if it is a duplicate? (just filling in what the first
duplicate has or the previous duplicate so it would do this throughout the
document?)

Any suggestions will be helpful! :)