Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
nsv

Default Thickness of error bars

I'm writing this in www.excelforum.com where the attachment appears
perfectly, and I don't know how to reach you the other way.

The task is to illustrate the statistical result of a number of
measurements. The standard way is to show the actual measured values as
discreete bars and the estimated normal-distribution as an overlaid
continuous line. All statistics programs do this routinely, but I would
like to do it in Excel.

I understand perfectly the feeling about attachments. This attachment
is a .jpg picture, and I suppose such files are pretty safe. Anyway it
says a lot more than I can describe with words.

The Peltier pages are excellent, but I have not found a solution to
this problem.

I'm afraid the combination chart is out of question because the task
requires a large amount of x-values to smooth the line part of the
graph, but the numbers of bars is usually low. The combination chart
can not operate with different number of x's as the xy-chart can. A way
to manipulate the width of the y-errorbars would be ideal, if it only
were possible.

--
nsv
nsv's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26500