Julie Holeman

Default IF THEN argument

I am trying to convert dates on a worksheet to days of the week. I have been
able to convert to a day of the week # but not a name. I am now trying to
look at the number and return the day of the week. I have tried several
things starting with an IF THEN statement, with my last attempt being
substitute. I can get 1 to work right but I need 7. I saw something in one
of the posts that uses a table, it was for a horoscope chart, but in trying
to do the first step of creating a table, I found I couldn't figure out how
to do that either. Would appreciate any help!

=SUBSTITUTE(BN:BN,5,"Thursday")

The above string works, however I need to add the other 6 arguments for it
to help me. Below is my failed attempt.

=SUBSTITUTE((BN:BN,5,"Thursday")*OR(BN:BN,6,"Frida y"))

--
Julie Holeman
Timber Tops

http://yourcabin.com