Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
nando

Default DROPDOWN LIST OF TIMES

Thanks man you're a gentleman and a scholar!!!

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

You have to have the list somewhere on a sheet unless you want to type it
in.....NOT!!!!!!!!!

The easiest method is to place the list on another worksheet so's you don't see
it.

To do this, cut the column of times and paste to Sheet2.

Select A1:A1339 on Sheet2 and InsertNameDefine.

Name it MyList or similar.

DataValidationListSource =MyList

Gord

On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 17:35:02 -0700, nando
wrote:

That worked great now how do I get those times I created to dissapear without
damaging my list?

or can I?

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

In A1 enter the current day by hitting CTRL + ;(semi-colon)

Format column A as Custom h:mm AM/PM

In A2 enter =A1+1/1440

Drag/copy down column A.

Note there are 1440 minutes in a day.

Go to DataValidationList and enter the range A1:A1439 and OK

Are you sure you want a list with 1440 entries in it?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 15:50:01 -0700, nando
wrote:

I would like to create a dropdown list containing all of the times throughout
the day. Do I have to enter each time seperated by commas (12:00 am,12:01
am,...) or is there an easier way?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP