Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Mike Middleton

Default Thickness of error bars

NSV -

Your attachment does not show up in the microsoft.public.excel.charting
newsgroup where I am reading your messages, and I would not usually open an
attachment, anyway.

An excellent source for information about combination charts is

http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/index.html

- Mike
www.mikemiddleton.com

"nsv" wrote in message

Thanks Mike, an add-in that someone had bothered to make was exactly
what I had hoped for, I just didn't know where to find it, and I can't
make such things myself.
I couldn't see right away if it solves my problem, but I will download
and then hopefully it works.

I would like to attach a spreadsheet to illustrate the problem, but
this is for some reason not possible, so I attach a picture in stead.
The upper graph is a pure xy-type where I can choose an arbitrary
number of points to get a smooth line, but the vertical histogram
representation must be made with errorbars and they are too thin to
give a good picture
The bottom graph is a combined bar/line type where the linear
normaldistribution curve gets very clumsy because of the low number of
points it must interpolate.

|Filename: Statsample.JPG |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4949 |

nsv