Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Marcelo

Default Entering historic dates

Hi, Terry

try to put in a2 (eg)

28/06/1973
on a3 put =a2+1 (and excel will return 29/06/1973)
copy it down
format as you need

hth
regards from Brazil
Marcelo

"Terry Bennett" escreveu:

Sorry if this is a very basic query ...

I have to enter a large number of dates into a spreadsheet during the period
1972 - 1976. Obviously, if you just enter a date into Excel using the
keystrokes 28/6, it assumes that you are referring to the current year. As
I will be entering the data in chronological order, how can I avoid having
to type 28/6/1973, 1/7/1973, 5/7/1973, etc all the time? Is there a way I
can get Excel to treat all the dates as being in a particular past year ...
or can I enter them all as this year and then change them in blocks somehow?

Any advice appreciated!