Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

Default Entering historic dates

No, Excel will always select the current year

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey

"Terry Bennett" wrote in message
Sorry if this is a very basic query ...

I have to enter a large number of dates into a spreadsheet during the
period 1972 - 1976. Obviously, if you just enter a date into Excel using
the keystrokes 28/6, it assumes that you are referring to the current
year. As I will be entering the data in chronological order, how can I
avoid having to type 28/6/1973, 1/7/1973, 5/7/1973, etc all the time? Is
there a way I can get Excel to treat all the dates as being in a
particular past year ... or can I enter them all as this year and then
change them in blocks somehow?

Any advice appreciated!