Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ben Dummar

Default #Num error in Array

Biff,

I must have something else wrong then becuase it displays an 1 in the 4 row
which would create the 4th instance. Is not reading it as a number somehow
thus causing the error?

"Biff" wrote:

It returns the number "3".

Ok, if that formula returns 3 that means there isn't a 4th instance in the
range A1:A5 causing the #NUM! error.

If you want to pick up the 4th instance you need to extend your range.

Biff

"Ben Dummar" wrote in message
Biff,

It returns the number "3".

The cells in column AN display the following?
AN3:AN6 1
AN7
AN8 1
AN9
AN10 1
AN11
AN12:AN19 1

"Biff" wrote:

Hi!

There's nothing wrong with your formula.

Are you sure the 4th occurrence is a match?

What does this return:

=COUNTIF(GCData!AN$1:AN$5,1)

The 4th instance may be a TEXT value?

Biff

"Ben Dummar" wrote in message
Hello,

I have the following array in the first cell. The array works great on
rows
1-3:
=INDEX(GCData!AM:AM,SMALL(IF(GCData!AN$1:AN$5=1,RO W($1:$5)),ROW(1:1)))

when it reaches the 4th occurences it gives the #num error, below is
the
code in the 4th cell or row.
=INDEX(GCData!AM:AM,SMALL(IF(GCData!AN$1:AN$5=1,RO W($1:$5)),ROW(4:4)))

What can I do to fix the array?