Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JonR

Default How do I change numbers and percentages in a formula??

Jackie

Goal seek should work as long as you use a number in the referrneced cell
(for the percentage) and a formula in the cell that you are trying to seek
toward,

Ex

A1 = .05
C1 = 3*1/A1

Goal Seek:
Set cell C1
to value $12
by changing cell A1

Format cell A1 as a percentage, cell C1 as currency, and you should get what
you need.

If you need to do something more complicated, subject to constraints, or
with multiple conditions, you may need to use the Solver tool, not the goal
seek.

If you need any further help, please post your formulas.

JonR

"Jackie R." wrote:

I need to change the percentages in my assumptions, but it has to equal a
dollar amount shown in my problem. It has to be in a formula so I can then
goal seek it. HELP PLEASE!!! I dont know what else to do. Thank you,

Jackie