Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Otto Moehrbach

Default Can't do calculations with the data from a web queries

You don't give much information. Are the cells formatted as Text?. If they
are, do this. In some out-of-the-way cell, enter "1" without the quotes.
Then, with that cell selected, do Edit - Copy. Now select all the cells
that have your non-numbers. Now do Edit - PasteSpecial and click on the
Multiply box. Click OK. Does that do it?
If that doesn't work, what are you trying to do when you do "simple
calculation" and exactly how are you doing it? HTH Otto
"Martin" wrote in message
I get to do the queries, the data is there and refresh and all, but I can't
do a simple calculation with the data. What am I doing wrong? cell
format?