Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Franz Verga

Default to franz verga or any other (IF/OR) situation

Nel post oups.com
*gimp* ha scritto:

i have posted on trying to get cell A1 to = a (*) based upon what ever
cell B1 says. thanks thru alls help i can. but trying to figure this
thing out has become more complicated that i thought. i wound up
realizing that the formula in A1 is limited. heres the situation. i do
employee scheduling for a company and the place is open 24/7. we can
not schedule anyone less than 3 hours, nor do we ever schedule anyone
over 9 hours. what i need is a formula that can take anything from mid
night to 9am that would read as 12am-9am in cell B1 and generate in
cell A1 a (*), as an example but in 1/2 hour incriments from 3 hours
to 9 be it 3pm-9pm, 12pm-3pm,9am-12pm any variation from 12am-11:30pm
to generate a (*) if it says anything other to generate a blank cell.
there will be further questions as i develop. thanks in advance.

Maybe due to my poor English, but I don't understand what you mean.
It would be simpler if you could rpoduce a small example file of your
situation and desired goals and post it to www.savefile.com

--
(I'm not sure of names of menus, options and commands, because
translating from the Italian version of Excel...)

Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ciao

Franz Verga from Italy