Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Toppers

Default Time with decimal places?

Rob,
Misread your post but I don't believe you can get milliseconds
without some VBA programming. I believe I MIGHT be able to dig something out
on my home m/c but don't hold your breath!

"Rob_T" wrote:

Hi everyone,

I've written a little macro which is a countdown timer. I'm trying to
get it to countdown on screen showing decimal places in the seconds, to
do this I've set the format as "hh:mm:ss.00". I know this works for
general times as I've tried putting "=now()" and holding down F9.
However, when I run my macro it only counts down in whole seconds and
the decimal places just stay as "00".

This is my code:

Sub Countdown()

Dim StartTime As Double, CDL As Double, EndTime As Double, NowTime
As Double
Dim YesNo As Integer

CDL = Range("Timer")
StartTime = Now
EndTime = StartTime + CDL

Do
NowTime = EndTime - Now
If NowTime < 0 Then NowTime = 0
Range("Timer") = NowTime
Loop Until NowTime = 0

YesNo = MsgBox("Reset timer?", vbYesNo)

If YesNo = 6 Then Range("Timer") = CDL

End Sub

(apart from the fact that it has the proper indenting which this forum
seems to remove ;) )

I've tried dim-ing them as dates but that doesn't make any difference.
Any suggestions anyone?

Many thanks,

Rob

--