Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
sujay

Default how to convert .xls to .csv in VB ?

Hi Hesham Elhadad
Thank you !
but it will work only one time, i.e. if I convert another .xls to .csv,
the previously generated .csv file get lost and new file get generated

how can i solve this problem.

Thank you

sujay.

wrote:
sujay wrote:
Hi all,
I am new to VBA and Excel stuff.
I am trying to convert .xls file to .html.
I am successeded in that, but when i am trying to convert another .xls
file to .csv the previously generated .csv file gets lost, i..e it is
not seen, may be it get replace with new file(though names are
different).
Is any body getting same problem.

I want to save previous .csv file also.

Reply soon

Thank you

sujay

Hi Suiay,

You can use the followinf piece of code in any subroutine you like:

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="FileName", FileFormat:= _
xlCSVMSDOS, CreateBackup:=False

FileName: is the Complete file path you want to save the CSV in it.

hope it works.

Hesham Elhadad