Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max

Default cell formatting won't update

Not sure what could be happening there, but you could try this ..

Select an empty cell, enter a zero. Copy the cell, then select the range/col
of numbers, right-click paste special add ok

Check also the book's calc mode, ensure it's set to auto
[via: Tools Options Calculation tab]
--
Max
Singapore
"Todd" wrote:
Hi this is a follow up to my last questions. My problem is the data and
getting the formula's to read it. I copied and pasted the data from a pivot
table and the columns are set to accounting two digits. But thats not what
shows in the cell. Each cell shows many digits. The formulas are working
now if I put the curser in the cell and select return. The values then
update to the accounting format it is supposed to be already and everything
works fine. ????

Any ideas what is going on, how to avoid it and a faster way than selecting
every cell individually.

Thanks so much!

Todd