burkeville

Don, Thanks for coming to my aid. All of the cells in this spreadsheet have
been formated since I created the sheet in '96. Originally it was excel 97,
and through the years has been upgraded to 2002. This was done early 03. For
about the last 3 months though these same cells that were formatted in
numbers are now storing new numbers as text. Microsoft has a method I have
been using to change the format in ranges and I have also use the error
control to change individual cells.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Maybe you could pre-format the cells?

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"burkeville" wrote in message
I have a large Excel spreadsheet that I have used for years. It is Excel

2002
now with SP3. For a while now my calcs are off because the numbers I enter

in
cells are being stored as text. I understand how to change them to

numbers,
but when I add new numbers, those store as text also. Constantly having to
convert text to numbers. Thanks for any help I can get. Bobby