Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Default Tab character is messing me up

The little boxes could be carriage returns.

To get rid of then do an EditReplace

What: ALT + 0100(from the numpad, not the regular keys)

With: space or nothing

Replace all.

If your boss set his cells to "wrap text" he would not see the little boxes.

If you want to see them, uncheck "wrap text"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 14:42:52 -0500, "Some Dude" wrote:

I imported some data from one an excel file on one of our company web sites.
When I look at it everything looks fine. When my boss looks at it he sees
characters shaped like little boxes where I see blank spaces. I copied the
blank spaces and pasted them into Word and I can see the arrows you'd see
for tabs in a Word document if you selected View Paragraph marks.
How can I replace these with blank space in the Excel file?
Why can my boss see them in excel but I can't?