bay

Default Format cells as date

Hi.

I am working on a worksheet witch draws data from another application. All
drawn data appears fine on the worksheet but the date columns. They are left
aligned (instead of the deafult right) and if I try to format them in a
different way by selecting them right-clicking and choosing Format Cells but
nothing happens. Even if I try to format them in any other option given
nothing happens. The cells remain in the dd/mm/yyyy format that they are (and
right aligned of course). What can I do? I am at a dead end here.

I need them to show up as dates so I can use a sumproduct function on them
to look for dates.

Thank you.