Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RagDyeR

Default SUMPRODUCT with varying # of rows

I don't understand!

If you're willing to use B:B and C:C, why would you want/need a dynamic
range.

With Sumproduct and all array formulas, entire column references are not
allowed (XL07 will change this), so use:

B1:B65535
which is *1* cell short of the entire column.

RD

"Ren" wrote in message

I a few sets of data that would have varying rows, and I need to get the
summation of products of cullumn B*C. How should I do this in excel? using
sumproduct(B:B,C:C) gives me a num error. I want to be able to have this
dynamically updated, hence, I don't want to do this in a macro(unless a
macro
can be automatically executed).

Thanks