Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
d_kight

Default macro

Thanks dave BUT I have (or had) done everything that you mentioned and it did
not work correctly for me; like put the values in A1 and B1, the calculation
is set to auto, and the function is =area(a1,b1), I even started over. I
also put that formula in c1 and the result I was given was 0. try it the
exact way I did and see if you get the same results (to show I am not loosing
it entirely).
Does capitalization matter?
Thanks for the response, Dave and let me know the results.
"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Make sure calculation is set to automatic.
tools|options|calculation tab

And make sure you put the values in A1 and B1 and your function uses
=area(a1,b1).

(I'm suspecting that you didn't put the values in A1 and B1.)

d_kight wrote:

OK How about this error:
I have tried an example of using a macro to find the area of rectangle. I
made a function called area and here is the syntax I used in the Module:
Function Area(Length as Double, Width as Double)
Area = Length * Width
End Function

Then when I go to a worksheet, and place 17 in cell A1 and 10 in cell B1 and
in C1 type in =Area(A1,B1) I expect to get 170, but I get 0

Am I missing something??
Please help.
Dan

"CLR" wrote:

Check out these sites as a good place to start.........
www.cpearson.com
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/index.html#usingvba
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"d_kight" wrote:

I am pretty new to using (or attempting to use) a Macro in a workbook. I am
having trouble following how and what to do to even start the process; ie If
there needs to be a worksheet already in progress or can I start from a new
sheet.
THEN where to go from there.
Can I have some help in this area? Can some one supply me with a sample
MACRO?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Dan

--